Filing claims are a little bit like tax filing in your business. It's not fun but it has to be done. We explain in quick steps what to do.
📎 Ask for itemized receipts
It is important to keep the process of your treatment as transparent as possible. In order to claim your expenses, make sure you receive a detailed invoice.
💌 Submit your claim form
When you subscribed for health insurance you received either login details to your online profile of the health insurance provider, an email address, and/or a telephone number. Either via an online profile or via email, you need to send your claim including bills, receipts, and other documents to your health insurance provider in order to start the process.
☎️ Report immediately
In order to receive the best care, and get the administrative process rolling, it is necessary that you report the illness or the accident as soon as possible. You can most likely do this via phone call. Make sure to provide all relevant information.
👩🏽⚕️ Wave the physician-patient-privilege
By releasing the treating physician from the physician-patient privilege, the insurance provider can gather the necessary information.
Genki offers travel health insurance for digital nomads and long-term travelers.
- Region of cover: Worldwide. Every single country. Choose to flexibly include or exclude USA & Canada, depending on your travel.
- Period of cover: With Genki Explorer you are covered for up to 2 years. After 2 years, you can renew to a new plan.
- Home country: Your chosen home country should be a country where you have no visa restriction and access to the national health system. However, visiting friends and family is covered for up to 42 consecutive days within 180 days.
- Inclusions & exclusions: Medical emergencies and medically necessary treatments (ear infection, flu), initial mental health issues, and sports injuries are covered. Pre-existing conditions and pre-existing pregnancies are not covered. Read more examples.
- Monthly costs: Genki Explorer costs you between €39.30 and €128.70 a month, depending on your age, the chosen deductible, and if you want to include or exclude the USA & Canada.
Have a look at what Genki Resident offers.
Genki offers international health insurance for digital nomads and long-term travelers. It covers preventive care, mental health care, dental and vision care, and much more!
- Region of cover: Worldwide. Every single country.
- Period of cover: As long as you want. Life-long if you wish. The minimum contract is 1 year with a monthly payment plan.
- Home country: Cover up to 180 days per year.
- Genki Resident basic: Preventive care, telemedicine, medically necessary search and rescue, inpatient psychotherapy, alternative treatments, osteopathy, chiropractic, physiotherapy, dental and vision care, prenatal care, and childbirth as well as COVID treatments.
- Genki Resident premium: Genki Resident basic + Vaccinations, medical checkups, eyesight correction surgeries, glasses, and contact lenses, dental cleaning twice per year, outpatient psychotherapy, outpatient rehabilitation measure, or first-trimester screening and amniocentesis.
- Monthly costs: Genki Resident is available for everyone of any age. The monthly fee depends on the result of a medical questionnaire, your age, the chosen deductible, and the region of cover (incl. or excl. USA and Canada).